April 4, 2010- BGEE

April 4, 2010- BGEE
Best Greek Easter Ever

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chaos

This is the first posting of what I hope will be many over the next year. Today is T minus 4 and counting for our Saturday, April 17 takeoff on the big adventure. The only picture posted so far was from Greek Easter, which if you were here needs no further explanation, and if you were not here it could probably not be explained. We managed to pull off hosting around 80 people during the rainstorm (there was something rather mythical about roasting the lamb in the hail).But it did represent a period of death and rebirth, certainly in our lives. There are two assessments after Greek Easter: 1) The Best Greek Easter Ever, or 2) Hell On Earth. You decide.

We are currently in the totally manic phase of trying to pack things up, mail them off, get the electronics working, deal with the telephones, etc. etc. I remain confident that everything will be accomplished by our goal we take off from San Francisco to go first to Tahiti and then a week later we go to New Zealand, to Auckland first for a few days and then to Wellington, finally arriving at our destination in Timaru on May 1.

As I said, it is crazy here. I will resume posting when I have time.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you both. I am going to follow you the whole "walk" through. Hooray for you.

    ReplyDelete